The following instructions are for connecting your U by Moen Smart Faucet in the Moen Smart Faucet app.
- iOS: 13.6 and later
Android: 6.0 and later
- 2.4GHz WiFi network
How to Connect U by Moen Smart Faucet
- If you are setting up this device for the first time, you will need the Moen Smart Faucet App. To download the Moen Smart Faucet app, visit the Apple App Store or Google Play Store from your smartphone and search for "Moen Smart Faucet".
- After the Moen Smart Faucet App is installed, open the Moen app and create an account.
- To connect your U by Moen Smart Faucet, in the Moen Smart Faucet app, tap Devices.
- Tap on + Add to add a device.
Task 1 - Register your device
Follow the on-screen instructions for registering your device. Scan the QR code on the control box and fill out the requested fields to register your faucet.
Once your U by Moen Smart Faucet is registered, name your device under "Device Nickname" field and then tap the arrow to go to the next screen.
Task 2 - Install your device
If you select "Task 2 Install your device", the app will walk you through installing your faucet step-by-step. If the device is already installed, select "Skip step".
Task 3 - Set-up your network connection
Select Task 3 - Set-up your network connection.
Prepare Your Faucet
If this is a new installation, connect the control box under your sink to a power source. After a few seconds, the LED on the faucet will blink amber/blue. This indicated the faucet is ready to be configured.
If the light is not blinking, try unplugging power, reconnecting it, and trying again. If this does not work, you may need to reset the device.
Connect to Wi-Fi
Go to your phone's Wi-Fi settings and look for a network similar to Moen-Faucet-59623 where the numbers match part of your serial number. Connect to that network and return to the Moen app.
When you go back to the Moen app, you will automatically be directed to the "Choose Home Wi-Fi" page.
Choose Home Wi-Fi
Select your 2.4 GHz home Wi-Fi network and then select the next arrow.
Enter Your Wi-Fi Password
Enter your Wi-Fi password and then select the next arrow.
Wait For Connection
The U by Moen Smart Faucet is trying to connect to your Wi-Fi network. Please watch the faucet and do not touch the handle or sensor during this time. The LED will blink an amber/yellow color while it is trying to connect. This may take a few minutes.
Watch for the LED to change and select "Green Light" once the LED turns green.
Your faucet is going to update your firmware and perform some tests to learn your home water system. The faucet will turn on and off and few times and run the hottest and coldest water possible.
Please do not touch the water during the test as it may get extremely hot!
To begin, select, "Start Tests". Once completed, you will see check marks next to all tasks and be able to continue to the next screen by tapping the arrow at the bottom of the screen.
Task 4 - Connect to your smart home
- Select Task 4 - Connect to your smart home. If you have already connected to your smart home or would like to set this up at a later time, you can select "Skip Step".
For Amazon Alexa instructions: Enable Moen Alexa Skill
For Google Assistant instructions: Add U by Moen Smart Faucet to Google Assistant
- Select which smart home system you would like to enable voice control for.
- Log in with your Moen Smart Faucet account.
- Tap "Finish" to complete the set up.