Shower Handle: PosiTemp Valve- Lever Type 1
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Moen produces a variety of single handle shower trims. The interior components and assembly are not the same for each model. This article will explain one of the more common handle assemblies referred to as a Lever 1. This is for a Positemp Valve System, and it utilizes a 1222 cartridge.
- To remove the cap, gently pry the cap (#1) off of the end of the handle (#3).
- Unthread the Phillips screw (#2) and remove the handle (#3).
- Remove the temperature limit stop (#4) and key stop (#5).
- Slide the stop tube (#6) off.
To replace the cartridge, see article 1222 Cartridge: Single Handle Shower- PosiTemp.
- Confirm that the cartridge clip is installed and rotate the stem of the cartridge so the small notch is facing down.
- Slide the stop tube (#6) on with the raised ridge at the top.
- Install the key stop (#5) into the stop tube (#6) with the raised ridge at the the top and then install the temperature limit stop (#4) into the key stop (#5).
- Slide the handle (#3) back onto the stem of the cartridge.
- Screw the Phillips screw (#2) in.
- Push the cap (#1) back into the handle (#3).
Note: If after testing you notice the hot and cold are reversed, see article How to Reverse Hot and Cold for a 1222 Cartridge.
For additional information on Moen products visit solutions.moen.com and select the type of faucet you are repairing. The faucet guide will contain repair details, troubleshooting and specific information on assembling handles associated with that style of product.
Still Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Contact Us or Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN
Non US? Moen Canada | Other International Sites