While the valves do have several similarities:
- A pressure-balanced system that maintains water temperature within ±3°F (1°C)
- Built-in temperature limit stops which allow you to control how far the handle rotates, therefore, controlling the range of water temperature
- Best water flow for any comparatively priced valve
- Available in a variety of connections from common ½" CC/sweat, ½" IPS-threaded; ½" PEX or CPVC
- Meets pressure-balancing safety codes
There are a few differences to consider before making a decision.
|Handle Operation – How the faucet is turned-on and off.
|Pull / Push
|Temperature Memory – When shutting-off the faucet, the handle stays in the exact temperature position you set during use. The next time you turn-on the faucet, within a few seconds, the water temperature reaches your last temperature setting.
|Volume Control – Controls the water flow rate so you get the amount of water you want at the temperature you want.
Click here for more information on the different types of Moen shower valves.