What is the difference between a Posi-Temp tub and shower valve and a Moentrol shower valve?
While the valves do have several similarities:
- A pressure-balanced system that maintains water temperature within ±3°F (1°C)
- Built-in temperature limit stops which allow you to control how far the handle rotates, therefore, controlling the range of water temperature
- Best water flow for any comparatively priced valve
- Available in a variety of connections from common ½" CC/sweat, ½" IPS-threaded; ½" PEX or CPVC
- Meets pressure-balancing safety codes
There are a few differences to consider before making a decision.
|Handle Operation – How the faucet is turned-on and off.||Pull / Push||Rotation|
|Temperature Memory – When shutting-off the faucet, the handle stays in the exact temperature position you set during use. The next time you turn-on the faucet, within a few seconds, the water temperature reaches your last temperature setting.||Yes||No|
|Volume Control – Controls the water flow rate so you get the amount of water you want at the temperature you want.||Yes||No|
Click here for more information on the different types of Moen shower valves.