Skip to main content


Moen Solutions

Moentrol or Standard

This guide provides an overview of product features and related technologies.  In addition, it contains recommendations on best practices, tutorials for getting started, and troubleshooting information for common situations.

My handle has broken off my shower

Identifying And Operating

The following instructions will explain how to operate your faucet without a handle being attached. If the faucet has been disassembled or in the process of being serviced, follow the guidelines below to see what is required in order to safely operate the faucet. If the faucet is leaking with the cartridge in the off position, you will need to turn the main water off to the faucet and discontinue use until the faucet can be serviced.

Tools Needed:pliers.png
Requirements to safely operate:

In order to ensure that a shower is safe to use without a handle attached, make sure that the cartridge and cartridge clip are installed and securely in place

Valve may look different than what is pictured below. Click here for image 

moentrol valve.png

1225clip a.png





Cartridge clip needs to be pushed down into the valve.  Do not use if cartridge clip is not pushed down into the valve

Lever Style
Pull on the adapter (material and color may vary) to turn the water on.  Turn left for cold water.  Turn right for hot water.  Push back in to turn the water off.
Moentrol adapter.png
NOTE:If there are broken pieces that will not allow the adapter to operate correctly, remove the adapter and follow the knob style operation.
Knob Style
Using a pair of pliers, pull stem of cartridge out to turn the water on.  Turn the stem of the cartridge left for cold water.  Turn the stem of the cartridge right for hot water.  Push the stem of the cartridge in to turn the water off.  
moentrol stem pullout.gif

 Still Not Finding What You're Looking For?

 Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN           

Non US?  Moen Canada | Other International Sites   

Identify my product icon.png


  • Was this article helpful?