Caution: Always turn your water supplies off before disassembling your faucet. With the supplies turned off, move your faucet’s handle to the “on” position to relieve pressure.
For KNOB Handle:
A1. Remove cap using flat instrument.
A2. Remove Phillips screw and washer.
A3. Remove knob. (go to step 1 below)
For LEVER Handle:
B1. Remove screw using 7/64”hex wrench.
B2. Remove Lever Handle.
B3. Remove Phillips screw.
B4. Remove Handle adapter. (go to step 1 below)
- Remove temperature limit stops.
- Pull stop tube off of valve body.
- Remove cartridge clip **(See Page 2)
- Place twisting tool on old cartridge.
- Using pliers, rotate twisting tool.
- Cartridge body will pop outwards.
- Using pliers, pull on cartridge stem.
- Clean valve with nylon brush and water
“What if I can’t reach my clip?”
- If Cartridge clip is recessed (as shown below
- Remove Escutcheon plate screws.
- Remove Escutheon plate and remove clip
“How does the cartridge go back into valve?”
- Position cartridge with “H &C” on the top.
- Ensure that “notched flat” side of brass stem is facing opposite of “H&C”.
- Smooth side faces same direction as “H&C”.
“My hot and cold are reversed... How do I fix this?”
- Remove cartridge
- Rotate cartridge body 180 degrees and re-install with “H&C” on bottom
Post Installation - Troubleshooting Guide