Removal and Installation
Removing The Handle
1. Caution: Always turn your water supplies off before disassembling your faucet. With the supplies turned off, move your faucet’s handle to the “on” position to relieve pressure.
- Insert the Allen wrench into the hole on the handle on the side opposite the lever. Rotate the Allen wrench to unscrew the handle set screw. The screw does not need to be fully removed. Lift the handle off of the faucet and set aside. Remove the handle hub by rotating this 90 degrees and pulling.
Special Notes for Removing the Allen Screw
In some cases, accessing the hole in the handle might require loosening the faucet under the sink and rotating the body of the faucet. Some models may have a small round plug/cap covering the handle hole which will need to be removed before using the 3/32 Allen wrench.
- If you need to install a new cartridge, please move to step 4. If you only need to install a new handle, move to step 9.
Removing The Cartridge
- Using large pliers or Channel Locks, unscrew the cartridge nut counter-clockwise and remove.
Caution: Always turn your water supplies off before disassembling your faucet. With the supplies turned off, move your faucet’s handle to the “on” position to relieve pressure.
- Grab the silver metal stem of the cartridge and slide this out of the faucet.
Installation Of The Cartridge
View the 1255 cartridge to find the small tabs protruding. Look into the metal chamber of the faucet to find the location of the three large grooves. These grooves will accept the small tabs protruding from the cartridge.
Insert the 1255 cartridge into the metal chamber making sure to line up the three tabs with the grooves.
Using the grey assembly tool (if available) or a wrench, tighten the cartridge nut until snug. Next turn an additional 90 degrees to fully secure the nut.
Reassembling The Handle
Rotate the stem of the cartridge so the two flat sides are facing up and down. Then, push this stem downwards. In addition, take note of the location of the two white plastic tabs on a white ring surrounding the valve body. This ring also has small tabs that must be in small notches in the black valve body.
Slide the handle hub onto the valve body while aligning the two recessed cutouts on the inside of the hub with the two plastic tabs on the white ring. Then rotate the hub 90-degrees. Ensure that the oblong opening in the handle hub is pointing downwards after the 90-degree rotation.
Attach lever to stem through hub opening and then tighten screw to complete installation.
Turn the hot and cold water back on.
You are all done!