- The water supply shut off valves must be turned off- see article How to Turn Off the Water Supply to the Faucet.
- Recommended Tools: Pliers, Flathead Screwdriver
- The following instructions assume the handle and associated handle pieces have been removed. For additional details, visit solutions.moen.com and select the type you are repairing. The faucet guide will contain specific information on handle assemblies associated with that style of product.
There are two versions of the lever faucets that are almost identical. It is important to compare the following models to verify which one you are working with.
1. Remove the cartridge nut (#1) by unthreading using pliers.
2. Lift the cartridge (#2) out of the valve body (#3).
It is recommended to clean and flush the valve body (#3) prior to installing the new cartridge (#2). See article Valve Body Cleaning and Flushing for additional details.
1. Install the cartridge.
3. Install the cartridge nut (#1) by threading it on. Tighten with pliers.
For additional information on Moen products visit solutions.moen.com and select the type of product you are repairing. The guide will contain repair details, troubleshooting and specific information on assembling handles associated with that style of product.
Still Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Contact Us or Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN
Non US? Moen Canada | Other International Sites