Cleaning and Installing Screen Washers
- Last updated
Save as PDF
How to replace or clean the screen filter washer between a hose and a wand sprayer.
Styles of faucets vary, this process applies to Top Handle with Sprayer Faucets and Sidemount Handle: Pulldown Wand.
- Gently pull the wand (#1) out from the faucet body (#4) as far as the hose (#3) will allow. To prevent the hose (#3) from accidentally retracting back into the faucet body (#4), tie a cloth around the hose (#3). Place the sink strainer or a towel in the sink to cover the drain to prevent losing the washer (#2) down the drain.
- With pliers hold the metal coupling at the end of the hose (#3), use your hand to unscrew the spray wand (#1).
- Remove the screen washer (#1) which will be located in inside the hose's (#3) metal coupling or the threaded end of the spray wand (#1).
- Hold the screen washer (#2 ) under the hose (#3) and turn the water on. Rinse away any debris the might have built up on the screen washer (#2). Note: When running water through the hose (#3) without the screen washer (#2) in place, the flow of water should be fairly strong. If there is little or no water from the hose (#3), then it is possible there is an obstruction further back in the system.
- Place the screen washer (#2) into the spray wand (#1). If there was a separate O-ring (#2), place this in on top of the screen washer (#2).
- Hand-tighten the hose (#3) to the spray wand (#1). Then, using the pliers on the hose (#3) coupling, turn 1/8 of a turn. Turn the faucet on and inspect the connection for leaks. If there is a leak, tighten the connection another 1/8 of a turn.
- Remove the towel from the hose and set the wand into the receptor.
For additional information on Moen products visit solutions.moen.com and select the type of product you are repairing. The guide will contain repair details, troubleshooting and specific information on assembling handles associated with that style of product.
Still Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Contact Us or Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN
Non US? Moen Canada | Other International Sites