This article includes detailed information on the Smart Faucet, also known as the U by Moen Smart Kitchen Faucet. It also refers to the Moen Smart Water app, also known as the Moen app or the Moen Smart Water Network app.
- What is freeze protection? When would I use it?
- Freeze protection runs the water slowly when a low cabinet temperature is detected. Running water has a lower risk of freezing. This can be useful during cold winter months or when your heat is off for extended periods of time. For more information on resetting your device, see the article “Freeze Protection”.
- What does equal mix or handle position mean when talking about temperature?
- Equal mix is the midpoint between hottest and coldest available water temperature. Handle position temperature is wherever your handle physically sits when you dispense water. If it is all the way up, it will be at the hottest. All the way down is the coldest. Middle is warm. Etc..
- How do I change my default device?
- When you have multiple devices of the same type, a default device allows your voice assistant to send commands to that device when you do not specify a device in your instruction. The default device is marked ‘Default’ in your device list on the Moen app. To change your default device, go to your devices tab, choose the device you would like to make your default. Go to the device settings and scroll to the bottom of the page. Tap “Make Default Faucet” or “Make Default Shower”. If the button is not visible, then the device is already the default.