Confirm the garbage disposal is draining properly. Clog/slow draining garbage disposals may develop a noticeable odor.
Odors may also come from the splash guard. The splash guard can be pulled out to remove and cleaned (never pull the splash guard out without the power being cut off first).
Unplug the garbage disposal or, if it is hardwired, turn the power off at the electrical box. Never place your hands in the garbage disposal. Always use tongs or needle nose pliers to remove an object.
- The splash guard is dishwasher safe.
- Manual Wash:
- Once it is confirmed that the power is off, pull the splash guard out.
- Scrub the underside of the splash guard with baking soda and warm water.
- Rinse splash guard off with warm water.
- Re-install splash guard.
- Plug garbage disposal back in or turn the power back on.
- You can purchase a replacement splash guard and stopper (Moen part #1025).
For a comprehensive guide, visit solutions.moen.com and select the type of garbage disposal you are repairing. The garbage disposal guide will contain specific information associated with that style of product.
Still Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Contact Us or Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN
Non US? Moen Canada | Other International Sites