Skip to main content
Moen Solutions

How to Identify a Center Knob Diverter: 94543 or 116719?

Three handle shower systems use a center diverter knob with an interior cartridge to transfer water from the spout to the showerhead. Moen has used two versions of the diverter cartridge, this article explains how to tell the difference.


  • The water supply shut off valves must be turned off- see article How to Turn Off the Water Supply to the Faucet.
  • Recommended Tools: Phillips Screwdriver
  • We recommend covering the drain before beginning so to not loose any parts down the drain.

Moen three handle showers have used two different diverters. These diverters are not interchangeable. If you are unsure of the install year, you will need to confirm which type of diverter you have.


Note: If you see a white stem, confirm you have taken off the white diverter stem extension (#5).

Symbol Key Legend
clipboard_e4bbbfcafa45025b42df8e0feff31457d.png Pulls Out
clipboard_ef67b46f4e3c60303089a6b3714411130.png Unthreads

Diverter 94543 (Introduced Prior to 2009)

clipboard_ed5dc910d9242c1ebcada07fe0970de2e.png clipboard_e86d6e8608dae6c249e02e49d5e306539.png

Diverter 116719 (Introduced After December 2009)

clipboard_ed73f3001a7ca237eab16bddbe2b129e8.png clipboard_e0613f0c2d3e04d4ca654e7df70bd5128.png

For additional information on Moen products visit and select the type of faucet you are repairing. The faucet guide will contain repair details, troubleshooting and specific information on assembling handles associated with that style of product.

Still Not Finding What You're Looking For?

Contact Us or Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN           

Non US?  Moen Canada | Other International Sites  

  • Was this article helpful?