Shower Handle: Moentrol Valve- Knob
- The water supply shut off valves must be turned off- see article How to Turn Off the Water Supply to the Faucet.
- Recommended Tools: Flathead Screwdriver & Phillips Screwdriver
1. To remove the cap, gently pry the cap(#1) off of the end of the knob (#3) (See Figure A).
2. Unthread the Phillips screw (#2) (See Figure A).
3. Remove the knob (#3).
To replace the cartridge, see article 1225 Cartridge: Single Handle Shower-Moentrol Valve.
1. Confirm that the cartridge clip is installed and rotate the stem of the cartridge so the small notch is facing down.
2. Slide the knob (#3) back onto the stem of the cartridge.
3. Screw the Phillips screw (#2) in (See Figure A).
4. Push the cap (#1) back into the knob (#3) (See Figure A).
Note: If after testing you notice the hot and cold are reversed, see article How to Reverse Hot and Cold for a 1225 Cartridge in Shower.
For additional information on Moen products visit solutions.moen.com and select the type of faucet you are repairing. The faucet guide will contain repair details, troubleshooting and specific information on assembling handles associated with that style of product.
Still Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Contact Us or Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN
Non US? Moen Canada | Other International Sites