- The water supply shut off valves must be turned off- see article How to Turn Off the Water Supply to the Faucet.
- Recommended Tools: Phillips Screwdriver
1. Gently pry the cap (#1) off of the end of the handle (#3), see Figure A.
2. Unthread the Phillips screw (#2), see Figure A. Remove the handle (#3).
3. Remove the handle break (#4).
1. Confirm that the cartridge clip is installed and rotate the stem of the cartridge so the small notch is facing down.
2. Position the handle break (#4) into the handle (#3), see Figure B.
3. Slide the handle (#3) back onto the stem of the cartridge.
4. Screw the Phillips screw (#2) in, see Figure A.
5. Push the cap (#1) back into the handle (#3), see Figure A.
Note: If after testing you notice the hot and cold are reversed, see article How to Reverse Hot and Cold for a 1225 Cartridge in Shower.
For additional information on Moen products visit solutions.moen.com and select the type of faucet you are repairing. The faucet guide will contain repair details, troubleshooting and specific information on assembling handles associated with that style of product.
Still Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Contact Us or Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN
Non US? Moen Canada | Other International Sites