- The water supply shut off valves must be turned off- see article How to Turn Off the Water Supply to the Faucet.
- Recommended Tools: Phillips Screwdriver, 7/64" Hex Wrench
1. Remove the handle set screw (#1) by inserting the 7/64" Hex wrench into the hole underneath the handle (#2) to unscrew the set screw (#1), see Figure A. Remove the handle (#2).
2. Remove the handle adapter (#4) by unthreading the Phillips screw (#3), see Figure B.
3. Remove the handle break (#5-Not used on all models).
1. Confirm that the cartridge clip is installed and rotate the stem of the cartridge so the small notch is facing down.
2. Position the handle break (#5-not used on all models) onto the handle adapter (#4).
3. Slide the handle adapter (#4) onto the stem of the cartridge, see Figure B.
4. Screw the Phillips screw (#3) back into the center of the handle adapter (#4), see Figure B.
5. Position the handle (#2) back onto the handle adapter (#4). Turn the handle (#2) to the off position to reinstall the 7/64" hex screw (#1), see Figure A.
Note: If after testing you notice the hot and cold are reversed, see article How to Reverse Hot and Cold for a 1225 Cartridge in Shower.
For additional information on Moen products visit solutions.moen.com and select the type of faucet you are repairing. The faucet guide will contain repair details, troubleshooting and specific information on assembling handles associated with that style of product.
Still Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Contact Us or Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN
Non US? Moen Canada | Other International Sites