Two Handle 8" Wide Spread Knob: Flat Cap (After 2013)
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Moen produces a variety of two handle wide spread bathroom faucets. The interior components and assembly are not the same for each model. This article will explain one of the more common handle assemblies referred to as a Flat Cap Knob (after 2013). This faucet style utilizes the 1224 or 1234 cartridges.
Preparation: The water supply shut off valves must be turned off- see article How to Turn Off the Water Supply to the Faucet.
- While holding the knob (#2) stationary, rotate the base of the escutcheon (#3) counter-clockwise to remove. The knob (#2) and escutcheon (#3) will come off together.
- Rotate the red or blue stem extension to the off position.
- Set the on knob (#2) on top of the stem extension (#3).
- While holding the knob (#2) stationary, thread the base of the escutcheon (#3) clockwise to tighten.
- Push the cap (#1) back in the top of the knob (#3).
For additional information on Moen products visit solutions.moen.com and select the type of product you are repairing. The guide will contain repair details, troubleshooting and specific information on assembling handles associated with that style of product.
Still Not Finding What You're Looking For?
Contact Us or Call 1-800-BUY-MOEN
Non US? Moen Canada | Other International Sites