Before I Buy:
This article includes detailed information on the Smart Faucet, also known as the U by Moen Smart Kitchen Faucet. It also refers to the Moen Smart Water app, also known as the Moen app or the Moen Smart Water Network app.
- Do I download an app?
- To take advantage of the smart features - yes, there is an app available for iPhones and Androids. Otherwise this will function as a normal faucet.
- What kind of voice assistant do I need?
- Google Home and Alexa are both compatible with the app.
- Can I buy this faucet without owning a voice assistant?
- Yes, all of the functionality is available in the mobile app, but you will not be able to use voice commands without a voice assistant. If you don’t own a speaker consider one of the free Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant apps.
- What kind of phone do I need?
- Apple phones with iOS 14.1 and up. Android phones with OS 8.0 and up.
- Do I need WI-FI?
- To take advantage of the smart features - yes, you will need to connect to WiFi. Otherwise this will function as a normal faucet.
- What kind of batteries do I need to buy?
- The faucet uses 6 D batteries that are included.
- Does it come with batteries?
- It comes with 6 D batteries.
- Do the faucet plug into an outlet? What if I don’t have an outlet under my sink?
- The faucet can work via batteries or by outlet. We recommend you use both, just in case your power goes out.