This article includes detailed information on the Smart Shower, also known as the U by Moen Shower. It also refers to the Moen Smart Water app, also known as the U by Moen app.
The following steps are for adding your Smart Shower(s) in the Google Home app. This will allow you to control your Smart Shower using Google Assistant. You must first download and install the Google Home app on your phone. These instructions are for both iPhone and Android.
- On your mobile device, open the Google Home app.
- On the Home tab, tap the + button at the upper left corner.
- Tap Set up device.
- Tap Have something already set up?
- Search and select "Moen".
- Sign in using your Smart Shower and follow the on screen steps to complete the setup.
Control the shower by saying commands like “Hey Google, turn on [shower name] to 101 degrees,” “Ok Google, start [preset name],” or “Hey Google, turn off [shower name].” You can also integrate Smart Shower into Routines, to combine multiple smart home interactions. For example, the command “Hey Google, good morning,” can trigger a series of actions such as starting the shower, adjusting lighting and Google informing you of the day’s weather.